Review : NARS Audacious Lipstick (Natalie, Michiyo & Audrey)

To be honest, I'm not one of those people who always terkinja-kinja excited when there is new makeup products launched. I usually wait for couple of months after the release, read a lot of reviews in the meantime before setting my mind to OK-I'm-doing-it-let's-go-crazy-and-buy-it-all mode.

But this one, this NARS Audacious Lipstick line feels different. The vibe, the aura, the explosive raves and commotions. 

Scrolling down IG : NARS Audacious Lipstick up and down 

Opening FB : NARS Audacious Lipstick here and there

Watching Youtube : NARS Audacious Lipstick next on play

OMG what is this thing?? So naturally, I just had to toss away everything in front of me and sprint to NARS Pavillion right away. And when I started to swatch the lipstick, it took only a single swipe when I had to literally ask the girl next to me to hold my dropping jaw.

SUPA.DUPA.CREAMY.AND.PIGMENTED.


Girl, I can't even describe this. Seeing is believing. The name Audacious fits perfectly.
There are 40 amazing shades for this lipstick line and there are all permanent so take your time to collect them all. Macam Tora datang lagi pulak dah. The lipstick retails for RM95 and trust me, it's worth it. Trust me yauwl *sisterhood hugs*

I brought home 3 colors : Natalie, Michiyo & Audrey.



The lipsticks are packaged in super slick black tube with magnetic closure cap. Uuuuu fancy. No energy wasted in pushing the cap to close the lipstick. Place the cap on the very top and whoooshhh it goes sliding down and tightly closed. I'm amazed at how lazy I sound right now. Haha.



(L-R) : Natalie, Michiyo & Audrey.

Natalie ~ ♥
Natalie is straight forwardly described as flamingo color.  It is a bright coral pink color with warm undertones and it has satin texture that is not flat matte and is not overly glossy. It is creamy and pigmented but I love applying 2 layers to get a full pigmentation lip color.



One swipe (left) and heavily swatched (right)



Michiyo ~ ♥
Michiyo is described as shocking pink color. It is a bright fuschia with with cool purple-y undertones. One swipe gives an utmost pigmentation and it has semi-matte with some sheen formulation .



One swipe (left) and heavily swatched (right)



Audrey ~ ♥
Audrey is described as red currant color. It is a deep brownish red with plum hint to it. It has satin texture and glides on oooohhhh so smooth on the lips. Normally I don't go for this vampy type of color but this one just blew me away. It is opaque, creamy and beauuuuutiful.



One swipe (left) and heavily swatched (right)



PROS:
- Fancy and sleek packaging
- Rich color pay off, super duper pigmented and creamy
- Not drying and not overly glossy
- Wide array of colors ranging from nudes, corals, pinks and reds
- Long wearing
- Doesn't bled and dry out your lips
- Feels lightweight and comfortable on the lips

CONS:
- A bit expensive

MY FINAL VERDICT:
I would definitely buy some more of the colors. If you want to splurge your money on high quality lipstick, this is the one. Just go and try swatch it, you will feel like you finally find your calling. I really wanted to try out some nudes but most of it has already sold out. Talk about some hard core makeup junkie, huh? Head to NARS Pavillion now people and thank me later *cheesy wink*

Till my next review,
Atin

Follow me on IG with no paksaan dalam Islam:


1 comment:

  1. I have been using this from after doing my makeup lesson by makeup artist. This is a holy grain for me! I did my course from Lina, she trains the best makeup lesson in my town. Moreover, she is really caring and attentive to her students. She is really talented and helpful as well.

    ReplyDelete